Luxury bathroom design ideas
Renovating your bathroom is a significant investment in terms of both time and money, which is why doing your homework before you start is vital. It’s more than picking out taps or choosing a colour scheme. A successful bathroom renovation starts with a clear vision of how you want your revamped space to operate, the look and feel comes next. Working with a skilled interior designer will help you to set a budget, identify important pre-renovation tasks, and write up your perfect bathroom wish list.
Fashion fads come and go – good design lasts a lifetime
First and foremost, you need to incorporate bathroom design ideas that accommodate the needs of the people that will be using the space.
Here are our top luxury bathroom design ideas:
- En-suite’s often have a small floor plan, choose a walk-in shower with a frameless screen to create the illusion of space and use mirrors to maximise and reflect natural daylight.
- A double vanity saves time and trouble, allowing two people to get ready at the same time, good lighting is essential, after all, no one can create a masterpiece in the dark!
- Get rid of clutter. Concealed storage allows you to have all the things you need to hand without having everything on show.
- Create interest with colour and texture. Beautiful towels and bathroom accessories enhance the design. Change the mood or reflect the seasons with your choice of colour palette, cool colours in summer, warm in winter, bright colours for spring and muted for autumn.
Identify your style
A bathroom renovation should complement the rest of your home and reflect your personal style and taste. Working with an Interior Designer helps to bring your wish list into a cohesive design.
- If you love the luxury of an oasis style resort, combine the earthy tones of natural stone and river rock with timber. Organic and natural materials in neutral colours are timeless and won’t outdate. Aged brass fixtures provide a warm patina which teams perfectly with natural stone and wood to create the atmosphere of a luxurious retreat.
- If sharp clean lines and contemporary design is more your style, consider using large bold textured floor tiles, continue the tile up the wall of the shower for dramatic effect. Orienting the tiles in this way, creates an illusion of a larger room. Accentuate the theme by incorporating lots of concealed storage, mirrored cabinets and recessed lighting.
Avoid the reality TV trap
We all love the TV shows that appear to renovate a property almost instantaneously, but without the magic of television the reality is very different. Executing luxury bathroom design ideas requires an expert eye, extensive knowledge and the ability to see the project through from start to finish.